COVID-19: How Pier 14 Is Being Proactive
It is our goal to ensure that the centre and all our tenants can continue operating during this challenging period and that our customers, tenants and staff feel safe throughout the centre. Therefore, we would like to reassure everyone that Pier 14 Shopping Centre has been proactive in implementing measures to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
- All security guards on the floor have been supplied with hand sanitisers throughout the centre to assist shoppers to keep their hands clean and sanitised.
- We have placed additional cleaners on-site to increase sterilisation of high touch areas, we have also placed a cleaner at the male and female public toilets that will permanently be providing shoppers with sanitiser upon entering and leaving the restrooms.
- An awareness campaign will be implemented to educate staff and shoppers on the virus; this will be done by means of supplying each store with adequate flyers providing more information on the virus. These flyers are to be distributed to all shoppers and staff members by each tenant when a shopper/client enters their premises.
- Posters have been installed at our restrooms and throughout the centre to educate shoppers and staff on how to properly wash their hands.
What Precautions Can You Take?
- Step up your cleaning, personal hygiene and sanitising procedures.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning food prep equipment, counters and restrooms.
- Stay home when displaying flu-like symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people that are ill, OR are displaying possible symptoms of being ill.
- Use hand sanitiser.
We would like to reassure our shoppers that we are taking the necessary measures to ensure their health and well-being.